Sivakon' Stanislav Vladimirovich, Doctor of medical sciences, associate professor, head of the sub-department of traumatology, orthopedics and military extreme medicine, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mal'chovetskiy Artem Stanislavovich, Orthopedic traumatologist, Penza Regional Clinical Hospital named after N. N. Burdenko (28 Lermontova street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Fadeeva Anna Vasil'evna, Student, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Anastasiya Leonidovna, Student, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: nastyakim@ yandex.ru
Glebov Yaroslav Olegovich, Student, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Smirnov Ivan Evgen'evich, Student, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Backgrounds. In cases of scaphoid fractures and the absence of adequate surgical treatment over time, the wound surfaces of its fragments are lysed, the scaphoid and its subluxation to the palmar side are deformed. The treatment of this pathology presents significant difficulties due to the impossibility of an adequate restoration of the original form of the scaphoid.
Materials and methods. A method of surgical treatment of SNAC/SLAC wrist with scaphoid excision and creation of capitolunate arthrodesis was developed. Saved the place of attachment to the base of the second metacarpal bone, cutting off the tendon of the wrist long radial extensor in the tendon-muscle part at the level of upper trird of the lower arm is making. The tendon is rolling up, suturing and tightly putting into removed scaphoid bed. As a result the rolled tendon of the wrist long radial extensor putted into removed scaphoid bed works as an elastic damper that do not allow the trapezoid and the trapezium to migrate.
Results. Saving the tendon attachment place to the base of the second metacarpal bone keeps it's blood supply that impedes it's degeneration and lysis.
Conclusions. The proposed method is technically simple, does not require sophisticated equipment and can be used for surgical treatment of SNAC and SLAC syndromes of the carpal joint.
1. Filippov V. L., Bogov A. A., Topyrkin V. G. Prakticheskaya meditsina [Applied medicine]. 2017, no. 8 (109), pp. 150–153. [In Russian]
2. Ram K. A., Christine Y., Matthew L. I., Hyuma L., Wendy J. M., Ketan P. Journal of Wrist Surgery. 2017, vol. 06 (03), pp. 251–257.
3. Golubev I. O., Yulov R. V. Voprosy rekonstruktivnoy i plasticheskoy khirurgii [Reconstructive and plastic surgery issues]. 2015, no. 1 (52), pp. 12–18. [In Russian]
4. Dustmann M., Bajinski R., Tripp A., Gülke J., Wachter N. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery. 2017, vol. 137, pp. 867–873.
5. Grigorovskiy V. V., Strafun S. S., Timoshenko S. V. Geniy Ortopedii [Orthopedics genius]. 2017, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 30–36. [In Russian]